La Seu d'Egara. A hidden treasure.
Organizado por: TECTICKETS.COM
Detalle del evento
Catalan, Spanish, English
Entrance to Seu d'Ègara
When to book
Book up to the start time if there is availability. Secure your place now
It is adapted for people with reduced mobility
- Tour of the churches of Santa Maria, Sant Miquel and Sant Pere.
- Immersion in the history of Terrassa from the Iberian period to the medieval era.
- Insight into the coexistence of Romanesque and Visigothic art.
- Explanation of the importance of Seu d'Ègara and its UNESCO candidacy.
- Visit to the parish church of Sant Pere and other places of interest.
- Observation of medieval mural paintings.
- An immersive experience that transports to the past.
The guided tour of the Seu d'Ègara is a deep dive into the historical richness of Terrassa. The journey starts in Vallparadís Park, a green oasis in the heart of the city, where the impressive monumental complex of Seu d'Ègara is located. This space has three unique churches that tell us about more than 2000 years of history: Santa Maria, Sant Miquel and Sant Pere.
The journey through time unfolds from the Iberian period, passing through the Roman Flavi Municipality, to the medieval era. At the Seu d'Ègara, the coexistence of 12th century Romanesque art with 6th century Visigothic art of Byzantine influence becomes visible, a mixture of artistic styles that makes this# The message is too long and got cut off. I'll have to split it into two parts. Here's the second part: """ place unique in Europe.
During the visit, the guides will explain the importance of the Seu d’Ègara, a true treasure of incalculable value that represents the symbol of Terrassa. The complex is currently a candidate to be recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, a fact that reaffirms its importance.
A foray is made into the history of the Seu from the Iberian era, through Roman vestiges, to the construction of the large 5th century episcopal complex and the subsequent Cathedral of Ègara. In addition, a visit is made to the parish church of Sant Pere and other places of interest.
One of the highlights of the visit are the medieval mural paintings, which show the evolution of Romanesque to Gothic art. These are true artistic jewels that give us clues about how our ancestors lived and what they believed.
Finally, the visit to the Seu d'Ègara is not just a journey through the past. It is also an emotional and reflective experience, a journey through stones with soul and walls that speak. Visitors will be transported to another time, where they can hear the echo of the generations that have preceded us, in a living connection with our history.
Frequently asked questions
- 1. Is the visit adapted for people with reduced mobility?
- Yes, the Seu d'Ègara is adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- 2. What is the duration of the guided tour of the Seu d'Ègara?
- The duration can vary, but generally the guided tour lasts approximately two hours.
- 3. How can I book the guided tour of the Seu d'Ègara?
- You can book the visit through our online booking system. We recommend booking in advance to ensure your place.